- Dr Fuhrman
- Vegan DHA
- iHerb (Great for ordering supplements, even if you're not in the US. Get $10 off your first order of $40 or more, or $5 off smaller orders, if you use coupon code GUH019)
Announcing Calories: calorie counting made simple
In Track Everything You Eat I wrote that using a nutritional analysis program was for me the key to losing weight. There are hundreds of programs that do this, and they are probably all fine. However, I found that it took quite a bit of time to enter everything in it, and with a small child to care for, every free minute is precious. So, I developed Calories. Calories has a lot less features than for example FitDay, but it gives you an indication of the amount of calories you ate today, in just a couple of minutes. You do not need to register or enter any personal data.
How it works:
- You type the name of the food in the search box. The search is fuzzy, you can type tomato and it will find all products with tomatoes in them.
- You hit the enter key or press the submit button.
- After a short while, the results appear below the search box. If you want to refine your results, you can select a category in the drop down box.
- Click on the add button to add a food to your personal list, which will appear to the right.
- Optionally change the amount of the food you added.
- Repeat steps 1-4.
- See the total amount of calories you ate today at the right of your screen.
Please let me know if you find this useful, and if you have any suggestions to make it better.
Be aware that there are probably still bugs. It works for me, but it may not work for you. Leave a comment or send me an e-mail if you have any problems or suggestions.
April 3, 2006